Certified Professional Coder
Location: St. Augustine
General Summary of Duties:
Certified Professional Coder (CPC or CPC-A) to provide quality review and analysis of a wide range of patient medical records and ensure accuracy of coding and maintain records in accordance with accepted medical and legal standards. Responsible for reviewing medical records to assure proper billing of the medical record, comparison of physician chosen CPT and ICD-10 codes to the physicians’ documentation to substantiate the level of coding, physician services to include identification of professional services in and complete review of medical records to accurately optimize all professional services documented for billing.
- High school diploma or equivalent General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC or CPC-A) is required.
- Must have 3+ years practical experience to include coding from medical charts
- Must have coding experience in joint replacement surgery, orthopaedic hand surgery, orthopaedic spine surgery, shoulder surgery, foot & ankle surgery and podiatry.
- Medical Office setting experience is preferred
- Knowledge of medical billing practices and office policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance
- Knowledge of medical terminology, basic anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of all confidentially requirements regarding patients and strict maintenance of proper confidentiality on all such information.
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must possess tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrates initiative to provide quality of services and improve efficiency
- Maintains positive working relations with co-workers
- Time management skills