POSITION: Check out Coordinator DEPARTMENT: Clinical
REPORTS TO: Team Leader/Clinical Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Schedule follow up appointments, MRIs, testing, scanning and referrals to outside physicians and facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENT:
- High school diploma required or general education degree (GED)
- College education or trade school preferred
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of twelve months experience working in a physician group practice.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Able to enter data into the computer system accurately
- Effectively participate as a team member
- Good organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Neat/professional appearance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives instructions from physicians through EMR for follow up/referral needs for patient.
- Verifies patient eligibility and coverage for the MRI same day scheduling.
- Responsible for scanning in all pre-operative paperwork and testing same day.
- Responsible for scanning in tests and all paperwork presented by patients.
- Maintains communication among the physician, MA and patient.
- Reports any problem to the Clinical Manager
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Attends regular staff meetings as requested
- Performs any additional duties as requested by the Clinical Manager
- Provides professional and courteous high quality service to all customers. Customers includes all patients of OASA and its’ affiliated, administration, employees, co-workers, insurance company and other vendor representatives
- Accountable for meeting behavioral expectations and supporting the dignity of all persons. Also responsible for optimal and appropriate use of resources
- Follows guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors, and co-workers
- Responsible to study and follow all OASA policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and carrier regulations, rules, policies and contract requirements
Work may require sitting for long periods of time, and also stooping, bending, and stretching for files and supplies. Employee will occasionally be asked to lift files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Position requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, operate a computer, telephone, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Vision must be correctable 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. Position also requires viewing computer screens and typing for long periods of time, and working in and environment, which, can be very stressful. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Noise level is moderate with the constant noise of computers, printers, telephone, etc.