Location: St. Augustine
Reports To: Team Leader/Clinical Manager
Position Summary: Schedule follow up appointments, MRIs, testing, scanning and referrals to outside physicians and facilities.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High school diploma required or general education degree (GED)
- College education or trade school preferred
Experience: Minimum of twelve months experience working in a physician group practice.
- Comfortable using email and interacting with Internet applications
- Knowledge of practice management and word processing software
- Able to enter data into the computer system accurately
- Effectively participate as a team member
- Good organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Neat/professional appearance
Essential Job Functions:
- Receives instructions from physicians through EMR for follow up/referral needs for patient.
- Verifies patient eligibility and coverage for the MRI same day scheduling.
- Responsible for scanning in all pre-operative paperwork and testing same day.
- Responsible for scanning in tests and all paperwork presented by patients.
- Maintains communication among the physician, MA and patient.
- Reports any problem to the Clinical Manager
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
- Attends regular staff meetings as requested
- Performs any additional duties as requested by the Clinical Manager
- Provides professional and courteous high quality service to all customers. Customers includes all patients of OASA and its’ affiliated, administration, employees, co-workers, insurance company and other vendor representatives
- Accountable for meeting behavioral expectations and supporting the dignity of all persons. Also responsible for optimal and appropriate use of resources
- Follows guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors, and co-workers
- Responsible to study and follow all OASA policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state and carrier regulations, rules, policies and contract requirements