Department: Front Desk
Location: St. Augustine
Job Description: Answers incoming phone calls, direct calls to appropriate individuals, takes phone messages, and assists patients with scheduling, canceling or rescheduling of appointments.
- Minimum of two year experience in managed care
- High School diploma required
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize.
- Must have strong customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have a pleasant phone voice.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Office and Medical scheduling system.
- Must have trouble shooting skills.
- Must have a team player attitude and be energetic. Able to establish good relationships with co-workers.
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude.
- Neat professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients and associates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answers incoming phone calls, return messages, direct calls to appropriate individuals, take phone messages, and assists patients with scheduling appointments for both locations (St. Augustine and CR 210).
- Process website requests for appointments via email.
- Insurance verification’s (both primary and secondary).
- Register new patients.
- Responsible for assigned physician schedules which may require blocking schedules, calling patients to reschedule etc.
- Make special appointments such as: referral appointments, MRI appointments, Nursing Home/Hospital follow-up, MVA & Worker’s comp.
- Coordinate interpreters for patient appointments; when necessary.
- Maintain patient confidentiality; complies with HIPPA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.