Location: St. Augustine
Job Description: Answers incoming phone calls, direct calls to appropriate individuals, takes phone messages, and assists patients with scheduling, canceling or rescheduling of appointments.
• Minimum of two year experience in managed care
• High School diploma required
• Must have strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize.
• Must have strong customer service and conflict resolution skills.
• Must have a pleasant phone voice.
• Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Office and Medical scheduling system.
• Must have trouble shooting skills.
• Must have a team player attitude and be energetic. Able to establish good relationships with co-workers.
• Must have a positive “can do” attitude.
• Neat professional appearance.
• Ability to communicate effectively to patients and associates.
Essential Job Functions:
• Answers incoming phone calls, return messages, direct calls to appropriate individuals, take phone messages, and assists patients with scheduling appointments for both locations (St. Augustine and CR 210).
• Process website requests for appointments via email.
• Insurance verification’s (both primary and secondary).
• Register new patients.
• Responsible for assigned physician schedules which may require blocking schedules, calling patients to reschedule etc.
• Make special appointments such as: referral appointments, MRI appointments, Nursing Home/Hospital follow-up, MVA & Worker’s comp.
• Coordinate interpreters for patient appointments; when necessary.
• Maintain patient confidentiality; complies with HIPPA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
Position requires prolonged sitting with extensive use of shoulders, arms, wrists, and hands. Employee must have good eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity, and the ability to distinguish letters or symbols. The position also requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones or copiers. Normal vision range and the absence of color-blindness, as well as absence of hearing impairments are necessary for the position. Position also requires working independently for long periods of time, with little or no social contact.