Patient Account Representative
Department: Front Desk
Location: St. Augustine
Job Description: Works closely with patients and billing department to expedite the collection and payment process.
- Minimum of 18 months billing or collections in a physician group or environment preferred.
- High School diploma required.
- Must have strong customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Office, Excel and practice management software.
- Must have knowledge of insurance and medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate payment process with patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Familiar with CPT and ICD-9 ICD-10 coding.
- Ensure accurate billing information is in system.
- Provide excellent customer service (both on phone and face to face) problem solving patient bills and timely follow-up for billing inquiries.
- Process payments both over the phone and face to face.
- Responsible for assigned physician schedules which may require blocking schedules, calling patients to reschedule etc.
- Provide payment plan options to keep patient from going to collections.
- Able to read and analyze A/R payer reports.